November 13 2018
Art Internship Opportunities, GQ Middle East
GQ Middle East, the world’s most iconic men’s brand, is looking for a talented and hard-working ART INTERN, who will collaborate with and report to the Art Director.
The successful applicant will be a highly motivated and creative designer, who is able to work quickly while maintaining the highest visual standards. She/he will be working as part of a small team, so good communication and organisational skills are vital. We are looking for someone who is passionate about typography, men’s fashion, editorial design, and knowing how to respect, or break the grid. She/he should have relevant experience in luxury publishing, with an appreciation of print design and an understanding of digital.
Applicants must submit a portfolio of digital and print design examples relevant to the GQ brand.
• Work closely with the Art Director to ensure all design complements the editorial content, follows house style, and reflects the values of GQ
• Assist with layout and design of all facets of the magazine and website, under the direction of the Art Director
• Create brilliant promotional material for GQ events
• Support the Art Director in all design and art-desk duties, including checking proofs and liaising with production and repro in the Art Director’s absence
• Design various digital components as necessary
• Keep the layout wall updated
• Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design or design related field.
• Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience conceptualising and producing designs for responsive web/mobile, and print
• Team player with a positive attitude and ability to multi-task
• Highly accomplished proficiency in Adobe CS InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is essential
• Video editing, animation, photography, or illustration skills a plus
• A good understanding of digital output, translated iPad and mobile editions and video content.
• An enthusiastic collaborator with excellent communication skills who can take constructive feedback in a fast-paced deadline-driven setting
• Ability to collaborate with developers to deliver pixel-perfect designs on deadline
Please note that the internship will be unpaid and range in duration from 6 weeks to 6 months. Submit your application below, we look forward to receiving it!
For better web experience, please use the website in portrait mode