One of the largest media companies in the Middle East, ITP Media Group reaches an audience of more than 34 million people across the region and beyond through its leading websites, portals, social media platforms, events, conferences, award ceremonies, magazines, books and social media influencers agency.
ITP Media Group’s portfolio includes major international and regional brands such as Time Out, Arabian Business, Harper’s Bazaar Arabia, Hello! Middle East, Men’s Health Middle East, Women’s Health Middle East, Grazia Middle East, Hotelier Middle East, ShortList Dubai, Revolution, The Rake and Condé Nast Traveller Middle East.
The region’s two top health titles, Men’s Health Middle East and Women’s Health Middle East, are now looking for an ambitious and talented editor to take charge and lead both these monthly publications to their next, exciting stages of growth.
The right candidate will have first class knowledge of the latest health, fitness, nutrition and lifestyle trends, a strong interest in the local fitness and wellness scene, and be an excellent writer and copy editor. He / She must also have a thorough understanding and current knowledge of the key issues in both the men’s and women’s health market.
The successful candidate will be someone who understands the media landscape as a whole, and is specifically experienced and able to develop the titles across digital platforms, and able to grow the brand through a series of new events and award ceremonies.
• Strategize, create and produce all editorial content across the magazine, digital & social platforms
• Develop an editorial strategy and editorial calendar that works in tandem with print and digital
• Manage the flatplan of each issue of the magazine, special editions and bespoke supplements
• Write and edit accurate and engaging copy, display journalistic discipline and rigour which is aspired to by the team
• Manage the workload and upload process across all digital and social-media platforms (currently including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube).
• Ensure all content is exclusive, engaging and relevant to the reader
• Source and manage talented freelance media specialists for video creation, shoots and features
• Manage the budget to produce the magazine under tight deadlines
• A working knowledge of basic content management systems (CMS) such as Wordpress and/or Drupal is essential. A fair knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is preferable.
• To understand and work within the commercial realities of publishing in the Middle East
• Crucially, the candidate must be upbeat, proactive and tenacious, while also being respectful and responsible. In short, using their own initiative while communicating and working effectively in a small, talented team
• Creative, curious and passionate, with an impeccable eye and even better grammar
• Ability to think outside the box, blending a creative sensibility with commercial know-how
• Next-level organisational skills in order to produce and manage structured, scheduled content
• Must thrive under pressure, possess exceptional attention to detail and be team player
• Bursting with contacts, ideas and energy with the agility to juggle multiple priorities
Candidates should appreciate that the role is based in Dubai and is office based, however travel on key projects may be required.
To apply, please submit your CV, cover letter and writing samples which explains why you’re a great match for what we’re looking for.
For better web experience, please use the website in portrait mode