November 1 2018
We are looking for a Sound Technician to join our team!
• production - the recording of all sound on set or on location
• post-production - the balancing, mixing, editing and enhancing of pre-recorded audio.
• assess the acoustics of the performance area and assemble and operate the necessary equipment
• consult with producers and performers to determine the sound requirements
• select, position, adjust and operate the equipment used for amplification and recording
• apply technical knowledge of sound recording equipment to achieve the determined artistic objectives
• record sound onto digital audio tape or hard disk recorders
• monitor audio signals to detect sound-quality deviations or malfunctions
• anticipate and correct any problems
• maintain and repair sound equipment.
• integrate (synchronise) pre-recorded audio (dialogue, sound effects and music) with visual content
• re-record and synchronise audio (post-synching)
• mix and balance speech, effects and music
• create and alter sound effects for use in films, television, etc.
• at minimum of 3 years in a similar role
• a good understanding of the physics of sound
• excellent aural skills
• well developed communication skills
• scrupulous attention to detail
• general technical ability, dexterity and agility
• the ability to work as part of a team
• problem-solving ability
Apply now with your CV and a covering letter describing why you are the ideal candidate for this role.
For better web experience, please use the website in portrait mode