November 1 2018
We are looking for a talented video editor to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches the director’s vision and is suitable for broadcasting.
Ultimately, as a film and video editor, you should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story.
• Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
• Take a brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications
• Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
• Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
• Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
• Create rough and final cuts
• Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
• Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
• Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
• Proven work experience as a video editor
• Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
• Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
• Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
• Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
• Creative mind and storytelling skills
• BS degree in film studies, cinematography or related field
This role is based in ITP’s Media office in Dubai. Apply now with your CV reflecting relevant work history and why you are the best person for the role!
For better web experience, please use the website in portrait mode